The Pulse Companion is a discreet and easy-to-wear armband device that alerts caregivers to potential seizures. When the armband identifies a heart rate change that could indicate a seizure, an urgent alarm sounds on the caregiver’s pager, giving them peace of mind and reassurance during the night.
If the Pulse Companion’s readings fall above or below the set boundaries, an urgent alarm sounds on the caregiver’s pager, alerting them to a potential seizure. The alarm is loud and continuous, designed to quickly warn caregivers. The only way to stop and reset the alarm is to clear the warning on the Pulse Companion, meaning the alerts can’t be ignored. If you’re looking for extra peace of mind, the Pulse Companion can be used with a vibrating pillow (ideal for caregivers who are hard of hearing).
Daily activities, including both normal movements and more strenuous physical activity, can affect heart rate and so the best time to use the Pulse Companion is during the night.
The Pulse Companion and pager are constantly sending signals through radio technology. They connect and update every eight seconds. If you take the pager out of the 450m range, if the Pulse Companion fails, if the armband fails or is turned off, the pager will alert you. So you will always have peace of mind that should anything within the device malfunction, you’ll know.
Key Features of
- Reliable technology which checks for changes in the wearer’s heart rate that are associated with seizures.
- Gives carers peace of mind by alerting them to potential seizures.
- Simple to set up and easy to use.
- Comfortable to wear armband.
- Heart rate thresholds can be personalised to individual users.
- Free Alert-iT app to check readings and change settings.
- Pager works within a range of 450m.
- Armband battery lasts from 12 to 16 hours between charges.
- Ideal for both domestic and professional use (can be combined with a telecare or nurse call system).
- No licence or subscription fee required.
- No wifi connection required.
For additional information about the Pulse Companion, please contact us for more details.
Tunstall Emergency Response received the prestigious award of ‘Best Providers of Healthcare Solutions and TeleCare Solutions’ at the Public Sector Magazine 2013 ‘Excellence in Business’ Awards.
Tunstall’s tele-assistance service in Spain was recognised for its transformational approach to health and care last night, winning the International TEC category at the International Technology Enabled Care Awards (ITEC), hosted by the TEC Services Association (TSA).